Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Groundhog Day in STL

No, that's not fair. Every day is not the same. There are, in fact, a number of cool things happening while I'm here at home: pool parties, running into old friends, helping out at my church, getting my sister oriented at her (dual-enrollment) college class. The interesting things just happen with very long intermissions nowadays.

It is good to be home; I think I just need a sign of progress. A month without a job, or a school term, or a continuous project, loses all shape in my mind. Earlier this week I tried a "Discover Your Genius" exercise, writing in stream-of-consciousness style 100 questions that are important to me. I intended to post them on this weblog to make up for the lack of anecdotes, but I was disappointed. My questions were far too banal and self-contemptuous, along the lines of "Will my acne ever clear up?". I couldn't subject y'all to them in good conscience.

So that's it from the Lou. I'm enjoying my time here with family, but have little to report. Sorry.




P.S. Is it really true that I resemble Buzz Lightyear in the Toy Story movies?

P.P.S. I think my "comment" thing is broken. If I'm right, e-mail me.

No comments: