Tuesday, November 18, 2003

My Continuing Musical Education

It seems like my music collection is just starting. Below is a partial list of CDs I want to buy in the near future. “Partial list”, here, implies “Please give me feedback and suggestions”.

Granted, my musical tastes have changed and will continue to do so, but basically I get into guitar artistry (my present examples: Santana and Clapton), creative and deep instrumentation (Dave Matthews Band, Five Iron Frenzy), brilliant lyrics (Ben Folds, Rich Mullins) and their intersection (Radiohead). And I’m just starting out on most classical composers.

So without further ado:

The Beatles, Revolver
The Clash, London Calling
The Clash, Combat Rock
Cream, Wheels of Fire
Derek and the Dominos, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Bob Dylan, Blonde on Blonde
Gustav Holst, The Planets
Radiohead, Pablo Honey
Radiohead, The Bends
Dmitry Shostakovich, Tenth Symphony
Dmitry Shostakovich, Fifth Symphony
Richard Strauss, Also Sprach Zarathustra
Igor Stravinsky, Rite of Spring
They Might Be Giants, Dial-A-Song
Richard Thompson, Shoot Out the Lights

So what do you think? What should I add? What’s your need-to-buy list?

No comments: