Wednesday, December 17, 2003

*It's been a few years since I would have identified myself as a "teen," but it still felt odd to actually turn twenty.

*My sister Katie was accepted to her dream school, NYU, for the theatre program. She hasn't calmed down entirely yet.

*My grandma has been living with us for the past month, since she's not ready yet for the stairs in her apartment. Thanks for all the prayers.

*I'm working on some of the stuff I promised, but since I have time now to edit, I don't want to throw out these ideas extemporaneously. I promise it'll get there...

P.S. I read my first Iraqi blog today. Absolutely spellbinding; check out the Dec. 12 and Dec. 9 entries. Thanks to Eve.

P.P.S. I saw "Return of the King" tonight. At the risk of sounding like every reviewer you've read, I'll tell you now: it works in just about every visceral and emotive way a movie can. Three and a half hours, and I was immersed in the world of Middle Earth for all but approximately two minutes of it. Words do not describe this experience, so I'll stop trying.

No comments: