Sunday, October 24, 2004

And here I sit/
Life goes on, end of tunnel, TV set/
Spot in the middle/
Static fade, statistical bit/
And soon I'll fade away, I'll fade away...


My grad-school applications process is stagnating. I'm not prepared for next month's GRE (curse you, stupid Multivariable Calculus! You should have ceased to matter years ago!) and I'm worrying about my recommendations.

My roommate, I hear, is trying to break down the dividing wall of enmity in his Halloween costume. I, for one, support ninja-pirate dialogue, though I feel that the prospects for reunification are dim.

Mass with Fr. Andrew Greeley was as bad as I feared, from reading his essays and reading about him. Think Mr. Potter from It's A Wonderful Life, mangling the liturgy. Greeley started his homily before reading the Gospel, rather self-righteously mocking those he considers to be self-righteous. His actual homily was of little relevance to U of C students and consisted, basically, of caricaturing and ridiculing middle-class suburban Catholics. And to top it all off, the highest praise he could give our Gregorian Chant choir is that it "belongs in the Church right there with Marty Haugen." Grrr.

Does anyone else miss the Hamster Dance website? Admit it now.

No comments: