Friday, December 17, 2004

Shedding All Pretence of Being An Intellectual Blog

I almost never have (or, rather, I almost never remember having) the standard sorts of dreams: falling from a great height, being unprepared for the big test, flying, etc. However, this morning I awoke from a very realistic dream of finding myself naked on the University of Chicago campus, running through Eckhart (the math building) trying to find my clothes, and realizing that my dorm was a good mile away.

Actually, it wasn't the standard naked dream. After all, I wasn't totally nude; I was carrying a large pair of scissors.

These allowed me some modesty; I held them in front of myself as I desperately searched for clothing. More importantly, the scissors enabled me to break the tension with all the people staring at me.

"Don't look; I'm running with scissors!"

In my dreams, people laugh at my jokes.

No comments: