Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Beyond My Deserts

I'm simply humbled by the generosity of so many around me; I don't feel like I deserve it, and I often have nothing to give in return, save for my gratitude. From the small things (birthday cards and phone calls, the anonymous person who cleaned the kitchen for me while I was out late tonight) to the big things (an unmerited place to stay while I searched for apartments, tickets to the San Francisco Ballet), I have been simply overwhelmed this year.

So (and no ordering scheme is at work here) to my parents, to Father Keyes, to Alice's parents, to Barbara, to the whole marvelous Price family, to my office mates, to Alice, to Kelsey, to Ida, to Katie, to Christoph, to everyone: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I only pray that I may give of myself so freely.

No comments: