Friday, February 10, 2006

This Just In:

The Rolling Stones are dead.

Oh, and by "This Just In", I mean I realized this during the Super Bowl halftime show. The only way left to have done that show with honor would be for Keith Richards to have died onstage. They've sold out, they can't play their instruments anymore, Mick Jagger's voice is a flat shout devoid of inflection. Everything the Stones have done in the last 20 years has been for all intents and purposes the same song.

Why couldn't Yoko Ono have had a thing for Jagger instead?

Oh, and I guess the cat's out of the bag about my beard. Finally I have no reason not to try. As one of my fellow grad students told me today, "You look more dangerous already". I'm not one for Revolutionary Justice, so out of opposition to V=L I'm calling it "The Non-Measurable Beard". This has the nice side effect that according to the Banach-Tarski Paradox, I can twist my head in such a way as to divide it into two beards, each identical to the original!

Don't get sentimental, it always ends up drivel.

No comments: