Monday, September 04, 2006

That ys ynogh!

I haue hadde it wyth thes cursed by Seynt George snakes on this cursed by Seynt George shippe!

HOLY MOSES. YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS. "Serpentes on a Shippe", by Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog.


FRIGGIN' BRILLIANT.

P.S.
When I read about Steve Irwin in the paper this morning, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (and I immediately called Katie to talk about it). The man had survived ridiculously unnecessary danger so many times before (with incredible enthusiasm throughout) that I thought he'd made a deal with the Grim Reaper. I suppose not. As someone on the Intarwubs put it, "On a positive note, that has to be one of the most hardcore ways to die ever." I mean, stabbed directly in the heart by a poisonous stingray. Damn.

In all seriousness, requiescat in pacem, Steve; you may have earned a rather silly image, but your work showing so many animals to the world (and not from a distance) was beautiful through and through.

No comments: