Saturday, June 09, 2007

Summertime

It feels odd to talk about contingent matters again, but be that as it may...

Summer plans are coming into focus. I'm going to New York again for Katie's birthday in a few weeks. She's in the process of saving up for her long-awaited semester in Paris! Everybody say, "Awww."

My qualifying exam is set for Friday, July 13 (in the areas of Harmonic Analysis, Probability Theory, and Spectral Theory). What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger, right?

After that, I'll be relaxing; I'll come back to St. Louis for the end of July and beginning of August (so I can see my mom take up community theater!) before school restarts in late August. If any of you might like to visit me in the Bay Area when I'm around, drop me a line and there might even be a room here in the house for you!

Speaking of life at Chez Barbara, you may recall the 8-by-11-foot room I moved into two years ago; it's served me quite well, but I thought it was time for a change. So I moved upstairs! Here are my new digs:


Oops! Let's try that again, shall we?



No comments: