Sunday, July 22, 2007

iDork
I couldn't help myself, you know? This is from the Monterey Aquarium, where Mom and I went during her visit last week. It was a blast having her in California; besides the Monterey trip, I showed her Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach, we visited friends in Moraga, we had an awe-inspiring meal (exquisite foie gras, unbelievable roast duck, and an adjective-defying orange and ginger pot-de-creme) at the restaurant owned by (deep breath) Katie's boyfriend's dad's brother and sister-in-law, and I helped her practice her lines for Plaza Suite (Mom's getting back into theater after a few decades' hiatus) with my Tolstoy finger puppet in the role of her husband.

In other news, now that I have my scanner working, I can show you the flash cards I made in the last two weeks of studying before the qual. I'd resisted the idea for a long time, until I realized just how dire my straits were: with two weeks to go, I couln't remember how most of the proofs went in even the most general scope. So I went kind of berserk with the index cards; there are about 60 of these. Take a look:



No comments: